Shrimp is one of the easiest foods to cook if you’re looking for a healthy and quick meal. You can sauté, fry, and boil shrimp. Baking shrimp in the oven is another great option if you want to cook a meal that doesn’t require much work on your end. If you’re looking for a quick meal that you can make during the week, we’ve got you covered! Here are three recipes that show just how delicious cooking shrimp in the oven really can be.
Baked Shrimp Scampi
When you think of a shrimp dish, scampi is likely one that you immediately think of. Shrimp scampi is buttery, garlicky, and takes less than 45 minutes to prep and cook.
- 2 pounds shrimp, in shell
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 1/2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup shallots, minced
- 3 tablespoons parsley, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1 extra-large egg yolk
- 2/3 cup panko
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Peel, devein, and butterfly shrimp. Leave the tails on. Place the shrimp in a bowl and toss with olive oil, wine, salt, and pepper.
- Soften butter. Mix with garlic, shallots, red pepper flakes, lemon juice, lemon zest, egg yolk, salt, pepper, and panko. Mix until combined.
- Line a 14-inch oval gratin dish with shrimp. Start from the outer edge and arrange shrimp with the cut side down. Pour the remaining olive oil mixture over the shrimp.
- Evenly spread the butter mixture over the shrimp.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until butter is hot and bubbly.
Baked Shrimp With Tomatoes & Feta
Who says seafood and cheese don’t mix? With the right flavors, shrimp and cheese can be a harmonious combination. This dish can be made with canned tomatoes, though fresh sweet ripe tomatoes take this meal to a whole new level. Perfect for a meal served over rice or potatoes.
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 3 large shallots, diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pounds tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 4 ounces feta cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons fresh mint, chopped
- 5 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Over medium heat put 4 tablespoons olive oil into a skillet. Add shallots and garlic and season with salt and pepper. Cook until softened, 5-8 minutes. Remove from heat before browning.
- Boil a pot of water. Add whole tomatoes and cook for 2 minutes. Put tomatoes into a bowl of cold water, then drain. Use a knife to core tomatoes and to remove the skin. Cut tomatoes into wedges.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Return skillet to medium-high heat, adding tomato wedges. Season with salt, pepper, and red pepper flakes. Cook until the mixture is juicy and the tomatoes are soft, about 10 minutes. Transfer to a baking dish.
- Add shrimp to a mixing bowl. Drizzle with 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place shrimp over tomato mixture in one layer. Crumble feta cheese. Sprinkle with oregano.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until tomatoes are bubbling and the cheese has slightly browned. Remove from the oven and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Garnish with mint and serve.
Shrimp & Rice Casserole
This dish is perfect for busy nights. All you need is 10 minutes of prep and 30 minutes in the oven and you’ve got a delicious meal that the whole family is sure to love. Don’t forget the leftovers for lunch the next day!
- 1/2 pound shrimp, deveined and peeled
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 small green bell pepper, diced
- 1 tablespoon onion, chopped
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1/2 teaspoon dry ground mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Spray a 1 1/2 quart baking dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Cook rice according to package. Once cooked, set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl mix condensed soup, bell pepper, onion, cooked rice, dry mustard, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, and shrimp. Transfer the mix to the baking dish.
- In a small bowl combine melted butter, breadcrumbs, and Parmesan cheese.
- Sprinkle breadcrumb mixture over the casserole.
- Cover and bake for 20 minutes. Remove the cover and bake for another 10 minutes. Shrimp should be pink and the breadcrumbs should be golden brown.
- Serve immediately.