Kayaking is a really fun and gives immense pleasure but in order to do it properly, you need to have a proper kayak. There are many inflatable kayaks available in the market but sometimes it becomes difficult to choose the correct one. Here are some factors that you need to have a look at before you go to buy an inflatable kayak. Let’s have a look at some of them below:
1. Inflatable kayaks types
There are different types of inflatable kayaks to decide from. You need to have a good understanding of which one to choose according to your requirement. Each kayak is designed for a certain definite purpose.
- White Water kayaks – these kayaks come with a short design which is wide. The structure is made in such a way that very less effort will be required for the purpose of steering. The wider design makes sure that stability of kayak will always be maintained. Scupper holes are present in it so as to drain out all the water from the cockpit
- Touring kayaks- they are thin in design and long in shape. Thus, kayaking in flat water becomes very easy. Touring kayaks gives the advantage of being used in the ocean as well as the fresh waters.
- Fishing kayaks- they are available in different sizes according to their characteristics from short to the longer ones. Due to the presence of round shape at the front as well as back makes this kayak very stable.
- Sea kayaks- these kayaks are made for kayaking inside the sea water. They are long and thin in design.
It is not difficult to choose for a good inflatable kayak, you just need to understand your need and then selection becomes easy.
2. Inflatable kayaks material used
The inflatable kayaks are made from three materials which are nitrylon, Hypalon, and PVC.
- Hypalon is a form of a rubber that is synthetic. The high-end kayaks are mainly constructed from it. This material is highly durable in nature and has the ability to resist all weather conditions along with the high UV rays.
- For people with a limited budget, PVC is a good choice as it is having an economical mode of construction.
- Nitrylon is an eco-friendly material which is new in the market. In cold environments, the performance is superb.
3. Inflatable kayaks portability and storage
The inflatable kayaks are made in such a way that is highly portable and consumes very less space for storage. You can even put it in a backpack once deflated. But sometimes construction material can make the compact little bit heavy to handle.
4. Inflatable kayaks seating structure
The inflatable kayak can come in all single, double and triple seating. Whitewater kayaks usually have one kayak seat only whereas touring kayaks have the ability to take three people together.
5. Inflatable kayaks weight
Weight is also an important factor to keep in mind especially when you need to take some utensils with you. These kayaks are specially made from a material that is thick and is able to withhold the pressure. These are some of the factors that you can note down before you go to buy an inflatable kayak.