For a long time, unions in Singapore have been actively representing our low wage blue collar workers and have made significant headways on productivity by helping jobs be Easier, Smarter and Safer (ESS) so that companies can be Cheaper, Better & Faster (CBF). Unions under the National Trades Union Congress (NTUC) have raised incomes through Progressive Wage Model (PWM).
With a fast growing population of PMEs in Singapore, the government and union has started to make plans for stronger protection for our white collar workers. Unfortunately, many PMEs are still unaware of the assistance and protection that can be possibly rendered by our union. Even if they are aware, they are not fully convinced of the union’s power to represent them in the event of retrenchment and unfair treatment at work.
AspirantSG strives to help local PMEs enhance their personal marketability, understand their workplace rights and take note of the appropriate platforms to seek help during times of workplace discrimination and retrenchment.
Read & share to generate more awareness for Singaporean PMEs (30 Posts):
- [UPDATED] Freelancers – Singapore’s Growing Vulnerable Workforce
- The Singaporean Guide to Survive Recessions
- Prime Minister Drops Election Hints At NTUC May Day Rally 2015
- Is NTUC Helping PMEs In Singapore Or Not?
- How To Ask For Promotion & Pay Raise
- How Singapore PMEs Should Maximise Benefits From Budget 2015
- She Has Probably Eaten More Salt Than You Have Eaten Rice!
- 10 Ways To Become Cheaper, Better & Faster In Singapore!
- Top 11 Practical Second Skills To Make A Living In Singapore
- Let’s ASPIRE Towards “One Race To The Top” For Singaporeans!
- No More Sugar Coating For Our Strawberry Generation
- Factors Affecting Success Of Singapore’s Fair Consideration Framework
- Has Retirement In Singapore Become An Urban Legend?
- 5 Things You Should Know About CPF Medishield Life
- Will Singapore Degree Holders Become Maids Overseas One Day?
- Secure Your Career And Livelihood with Second-skilling
- How Can Singaporeans Accept The Ever Increasing CPF Minimum Sum?
- Have We Forgotten Our Unsung Heroes?
- Become A Better Customer & Enjoy Better Service In Singapore
- Amendments To Employment Act, Are You Protected Or Not?
- Tackling Workplace Harassments & Bullying When It Happens!
- Significance Of Singapore Budget 2014 To The Local Workforce
- Can Retrenchment Ever Be A Good Thing?
- The Axe Is Never Far Away, Are You Prepared For Retrenchment?
- Contract PMEs – The Woes Of 2nd Class Employees In Singapore
- Top 8 Career Resolutions For Singapore PMEBs In 2014
- 3 Reasons Why Managers Need Progressive Wage Model In Singapore
- Will Fair Consideration Framework Create Better Jobs?
- Know Your Rights And Get Your Ass Protected In Singapore
- A Degree Is No Longer Sufficient – Keep Learning Or Say Goodbye