According to a Ministry of Manpower spokesperson, Singapore has 150,000 Singaporean and Permanent Resident full time employees who are currently earning below the S$1,000 line in 2012. With ever increasing inflation and standards of living, the income gap for these low-wage workers has substantially lagged behind the rest of the nation’s workforce.
It is heart-wrenching to see many of our low wage workers toiling away at old age but you can see from their faces that they are proud of being able to earning a dignified honest source of income for themselves.
AspirantSG strives to bring more attention to our low wage workers and share how fellow Singaporeans can play a part to help these group of workers.
Read & share to help our low wage workers (16 Posts):
- 10 Ways To Become Cheaper, Better & Faster In Singapore!
- Union Health Grant Promotes Healthy Living For Mature Workers
- Sheraton Towers Singapore Innovations & Productivity Journey For Better Staff Welfare
- Factors Affecting Success Of Singapore’s Fair Consideration Framework
- Has Retirement In Singapore Become An Urban Legend?
- 5 Things You Should Know About CPF Medishield Life
- How Can Singaporeans Accept The Ever Increasing CPF Minimum Sum?
- Have We Forgotten Our Unsung Heroes?
- Become A Better Customer & Enjoy Better Service In Singapore
- No Help For Our Low Wage Workers?
- Significance Of Singapore Budget 2014 To The Local Workforce
- Better Pay for Cleaners via Progressive Wage Model
- The Axe Is Never Far Away, Are You Prepared For Retrenchment?
- 5 Myths Of Minimum Wage
- 3 Reasons Why Managers Need Progressive Wage Model In Singapore
- Will Fair Consideration Framework Create Better Jobs?