The new year of 2014 has just started and AspirantSG is officially 2 year old. I enjoyed writing and sharing mouthwatering cuisines, travel adventures as well as little titbits on social media for discussion. Attending events and getting to know fellow bloggers was a lovely experience, particularly when they blossom into friendship along the way.
While I was deliberating on my blog direction at the start of 2013, I attended a home birthday party of a really unique nature. The birthday boy wanted no presents but instead monetary donations to support a social project that purchase food & living necessities for the underprivileged elderlies. Other than raising funds, he walks the talk by physically taking part in the distributions. I was really touched by his commitment and actions towards such a meaningful cause.
AspirantSG Cares is our blog social responsibility (BSR) initiative to take on a proactive role to assist individuals or groups who are driving social projects for the underprivileged in Singapore.
Though blog publicity, we hope to help these initiatives:
1. Gain more awareness for their cause.
2. Create pre-publicity for charitable events.
3. Physically participating in meaningful on-ground events.
4. Event post publicity coverage
If you have a meaningful social project on hand which you will like our participation, please email in with full information to [email protected].
Kindly note that:
1. The subject has to be a registered and approved social project for the underprivileged in Singapore.
2. We are not full time bloggers hence participation is only possible on weekday evenings or weekends (preferred).
3. Please give ample time notice on events and publicity timeline.
4. AspirantSG has the final participation rights.
Here are some of the wonderful initiatives that we have supported:
Social Initiatives (70 Posts):
- A Day In The Life Of A Therapy Assistant In Singapore
- Walk 10,000 Steps To Raise Fund For People With Cerebral Palsy In Singapore
- Why This May Day Is Important According to a Singaporean Freelancer
- WheelsforAPSN – Youth-led Crowdfunding Campaign For An APSN Van
- What Can Singaporeans Do about Rising Food Prices?
- Why Are We Outsourcing Social Responsibility In Singapore?
- Let’s Give Our Low Wage Workers Their S$60 Monthly Increment
- Barclays Retrenchment Lessons – Mindset Is The Real Game-Changer
- [UPDATED] Freelancers – Singapore’s Growing Vulnerable Workforce
- Scam Sites Everyone Should Be Aware Of In Singapore
- Be The Change Exposition Recognises Children Shaping Singapore
- The Singaporean Guide to Survive Recessions
- Prime Minister Drops Election Hints At NTUC May Day Rally 2015
- Is NTUC Helping PMEs In Singapore Or Not?
- How To Ask For Promotion & Pay Raise
- What’s The Deal With Retiring Using CPF In Singapore?
- How Singapore PMEs Should Maximise Benefits From Budget 2015
- Coca-Cola Empowers Women Entrepreneurs Through #5by20 Program
- Give A Fú Dài This Festive Season At SG Care & Share 2015
- Migrant Workers – The Real ‘Awakening’ Of Singapore Today
- She Has Probably Eaten More Salt Than You Have Eaten Rice!
- 10 Ways To Become Cheaper, Better & Faster In Singapore!
- Union Health Grant Promotes Healthy Living For Mature Workers
- Top 11 Practical Second Skills To Make A Living In Singapore
- Let’s ASPIRE Towards “One Race To The Top” For Singaporeans!
- Sheraton Towers Singapore Innovations & Productivity Journey For Better Staff Welfare
- No More Sugar Coating For Our Strawberry Generation
- Factors Affecting Success Of Singapore’s Fair Consideration Framework
- Has Retirement In Singapore Become An Urban Legend?
- Voluntourism – Habitat for Humanity Singapore Global Village Built Trips
- 5 Things You Should Know About CPF Medishield Life
- Will Singapore Degree Holders Become Maids Overseas One Day?
- Secure Your Career And Livelihood with Second-skilling
- How Can Singaporeans Accept The Ever Increasing CPF Minimum Sum?
- Have We Forgotten Our Unsung Heroes?
- Become A Better Customer & Enjoy Better Service In Singapore
- No Help For Our Low Wage Workers?
- Amendments To Employment Act, Are You Protected Or Not?
- Tackling Workplace Harassments & Bullying When It Happens!
- Significance Of Singapore Budget 2014 To The Local Workforce
- Can Retrenchment Ever Be A Good Thing?
- Better Pay for Cleaners via Progressive Wage Model
- The Axe Is Never Far Away, Are You Prepared For Retrenchment?
- Contract PMEs – The Woes Of 2nd Class Employees In Singapore
- Top 8 Career Resolutions For Singapore PMEBs In 2014
- Little India Riot – Learnings For A Better Singapore
- 5 Myths Of Minimum Wage
- 3 Reasons Why Managers Need Progressive Wage Model In Singapore
- Will Fair Consideration Framework Create Better Jobs?
- Know Your Rights And Get Your Ass Protected In Singapore
- Yellow Ribbon Prison Run 2013 – Road To Public Acceptance
- Unravel The Hidden World Of Singapore’s Security Officers
- Attaining A Better Life For Our Low Wage Workers
- Singaporeans First Or Fair Considerations For Singaporeans For Employment?
- What Does It Mean To Be A Singaporean Today?
- The Shop For Social Story – Online Shopping For A Good Cause
- Cancer Is Close To My Heart – Donate & Help Kids With Cancer
- Paw It Forward – Singapore Pet Photography For A Good Cause
- A Degree Is No Longer Sufficient – Keep Learning Or Say Goodbye
- Tea With Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong At The Istana
- Shop for Good Charity Flea Market at Scape A Success!
- Is Our Little Red Dot Still Competitive?
- 5 Facts For Those Who Draw A Monthly Paycheck In Singapore
- A Packet Of Rice Bring Smiles To Needy Old Folks In Singapore
- NTUC May Day Rally 2013 Afterthoughts Part 2
- NTUC May Day Rally 2013 Afterthoughts Part 1
- Habitat For Humanity Invites You To Bare Your Sole 2013
- Playing With Clay For A Good Cause @ Goodman Arts Centre
- #DoGoodWithFood & Help Needy Students In Singapore
- AspirantSG Cares – Blog Social Responsibility For The Underprivileged In Singapore