Although content is still king, it is extremely important for bloggers and website owners to understand the secrets behind getting your content optimised for search engines.
However, with all the algorithm updates Google has made in the recent years, many of the old tricks and best practices for Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) are no longer valid. Hence ContentVerve and Henrik Bondtofte decided to lend a helping hand and put together this infographic with 10 tips for writing content that ranks in 2013 to get everyone up to speed.
Behold the 10 tips for writing content that will help your website rank higher in search results:
1. Write for users, optimize for robots
2. Forget about keyword density and keyword stuffing
3. Integrate related keywords, synonyms, and grammatical variations into your content
4. Use Google’s free tools to find long-tail keyword variations that you can blend into your site copy
5. Focus on writing long, in-depth, quality content
6. Target high quality low competition long-tail keywords
7. Write content that answer’s common questions from prospects
8. Get your content noticed and shared on social media platforms
9. Strive to build your AuthorRank and develop your Google+ profile
10. Don’t forget title tags & meta descriptions, they are the first thing people typically see in search results
Beside these 10 tips, remember to focus on adding new and sharable contents to your blog or website regularly. Google rewards websites that regularly update their content. The more often you update, the more likely Google is to crawl your website.
Hope these tips helped. Remember to share with us your afterthoughts and other SEO tips in the comments section below.
You may also like to check out my posts on other interesting infographics here.